Liposuction is a pioneering form of cosmetic procedure used for the removal of fat which you can’t seem like getting rid of by means of diet and exercise. By and large, a cosmetic surgeon carries out the procedure on your belly, thighs, hips, buttocks, or face for enhancing their contour. It may be noted that liposuction can also be accomplished in conjunction with other types of plastic surgery in Thousand Oaks, for example, a facelift, breast reduction, or tummy tuck.
Here we talk about a few vital, relevant information about liposuction which can give you an edge prior to choosing the procedure as your go-to.
What is tumescent liposuction?
• This method is most commonly used for liposuction.
• Amidst this procedure, the area of fat removal will be injected with a sterile solution by your surgeon.
• The essential ingredients of this solution are saline water together with fat liquefying agents such as epinephrine and lidocaine.
• The sterile solution comes to your succor in easing the process of the suction of the fat cells with minimal pain and bleeding.
Does laser liposuction cause burns?
• In laser liposuction, the utilization of laser is leveraged to soften and melt the fat prior to its removal.
• This makes it effortless to pull out fat during liposuction.
• Lasers help in stimulating collagen and elastin formation thereby making your skin smoother, firmer, and tighter.
• In addition, the laser helps in coagulating tiny blood vessels confined in the area of fat removal which, in turn, translates into less bruising.
• But laser liposuction puts you at risk of burns and therefore it’s crucial for monitoring the temperature all through the procedure.
• When your skin undergoes injury with laser exposure it shows a natural contraction.
• With the application of laser at exactly the right place, a little amount of injury is tolerable.
• However, too much of a hit can get your skin burnt.
• Thus, it’s evident that the results and risks associated with laser liposuction before and after depend mainly on the doctor who performs the procedure.
What is UAL or Ultrasound-assisted liposuction?
• This state-of-the-art technique employs the energy generated by sound waves to be utilized underneath your skin for rupturing the walls of the lipid or fat cells.
• As a consequence, fat cells are liquefied and easily suctioned out.
Does a health insurance plan cover liposuction?
• Since liposuction is unambiguously a cosmetic procedure, the majority of health plans don’t cover the liposuction cost.
• You can compare notes with your insurance service provider and surgeon about the overall cost and convenient options of payment.
How fat removed from liposuction helps repair a damaged heart?
• A new study comes up with the suggestion that if you’ve got a blocked artery, surgeons may be able to bring about the replacement of the damaged blood vessel made from fat cells removed through liposuction.
• It reveals that mature stem cells obtained from fat removed through liposuction can be made use of in growing new healthy blood vessels.
• Researchers are of the opinion that millions of people who suffer from heart ailments are in want of tiny blood vessel substitution or grafts to revive the normal functioning of damaged arteries.
• Blood vessels derived from liposuction possibly will come to the aid in solving major heart-related problems by means of grafting blood vessels extracted from somewhere else in your body or making use of synthetic materials.
• Eventually, the small blood vessels may be utilized in the course of heart bypass surgery and other comprehensive procedures that involve the rerouting of blood because of clogged arteries.
How does diet and exercise foster the efficacy of liposuction?
• New research shows that people have three times more likelihood to put on weight if they stay away from following a healthy diet after liposuction recovery.
• The study also reveals that they’re four times more likely to gain weight by not following a proper exercise regime.
• However, those who accustom themselves to a wholesome diet have a two-time probability of losing weight after liposuction.
• Researchers point out to ratify what numerous plastic surgeons have been affirming for years that liposuction isn’t a quick fix for weight reduction.
• The procedure should only be used in concurrence with a healthy diet and exercise for encouraging continued weight loss in the long-term.
What to know before you go ahead with liposuction?
If you have decided to get going with liposuction in Thousand Oaks, look no further than Luxe Medical Spa in setting up a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Haimesh Shah.
• He will give you suitable instructions on how to prepare for the surgery taking in factors such as diet and alcohol restrictions.
• The preliminary step lies in having a word with your surgeon concerning your goals, the options you have at hand, the benefits and risks of the procedure, and finally, the cost involved.
• Don’t hesitate in asking all your queries and concerns.
• Also, keep your surgeon cognizant of all allergies you have or the medications you take as a precautionary measure.